The following procedures will be implemented at all IHDA dance competitions in the Pro/Am and Am/Am just dance divisions.
Implications to the competitors:
- In semi-final heat, a couple dancing out of category in a specific level of competition will not be permitted to advance to the final round.
- A couple dancing in the final round in a specific level of competition can not be awarded first place.
- A couple dancing in the final round in a specific level of competition will be lowered one placement.
- IHDA will supply a “violations judge” that has a full understanding of the guidelines for all Pro/Am and Am/Am levels of just dance competition.
- The IHDA “violations judge” will be an IHDA professional already in attendance at an event.
- The “violations judge” will be paid at the expense of IHDA, not the event organizer. The “violations judge” will be paid $50.00 for both the Pro/Am and Am/Am levels of just dance competition.
- Judges hired by an event organizer to adjudicate a specific division, will judge as they see the dancing. The “violations judge” will record any violations on a separate sheet and will present them to the scrutineer for tabulation with the judge’s sheets.